Studio Roqovan | Los Angeles (Greater Los Angeles Area)
Studio Roqovan is seeking an exceptional UI Artist to join our team. The right candidate will be passionate about experimenting with different styles and excited to learn the nuances of designing screens for virtual reality. World War Toons is a completely new IP coming out of a small studio culture, so you will have the chance to completely define the user interface style for in game content, in-game stores, menu screens, character selection screens, and much more. You should be well versed in traditional 2D screen design but ideally have experience in animation and effects.
• Work with Game Design teams to create Art Assets for VR and non-VR screens within game.
• Create Animation Effects for adding visual polish to User Interactions (ie; explosions on opening a crate, spotlight/stars behind level up announcements).
• Work Independently and come up with multiple variations on designs. Be a leader and take initiative!
• Technical problem solving.
• Interface with Game Design and Programmers for best ways to produce assets and integrate them within the game.
• Portfolio of game-related UI projects featuring top quality art.
• Experience creating animations importable to Unreal Game Engine.
• Solid portfolio of traditional 2D Art (sketches and drawing examples are a plus).
• 3D knowledge is a plus but not required.
• Prefer someone with shipped console game experience.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. Direct applications only, no recruiters please.
Studio Roqovan is an independent game studio developing content for emerging virtual reality and existing video game platforms.